Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Meeting of Minds Less Me


Not much to report as of late. Things more or less are going smoothly... I probably just jinxed us right there. We are now in a new province and it is really hot. I thought it would cool down a bit since we left the tropics but it has not. Trevor is sweating like a piglet and I like a piggy.

A few days ago we spent the night in a town called Shentou. Oddly enough the company Trevor works for has relations with another company in the city. And coincidentally one of Trevor's colleague's was in town on business staying at what I think is the sweetest hotel in town... much better than the places we stay at everyday!

Trevor originally was just going to go to a 'wangba' aka internet cafe and check a few things and then return to the hotel room with some food and drink I requested. He ended up coming back to the hotel at 11:30 pm (well past my bedtime I might add) and brought back of all things... durian... hmmmm... wasn't really craving that... He ended up meeting with his colleague and chilled in a revolving tower overlooking the city. Trevor was especially nice not inviting me along...

Anyways we are now in a small town called Tongan.

Pic 1: Me and some nice background... and yes I shaved. After about 2-3 weeks it really starts to bug me. Feels nice clean shaved. Trevor however has not shaved since leaving Vancouver... he looks like a bum. He doesn't intend to shave again until back in Vancouver!

Pic 2: Holes in the road!?!? We were really pissed at this... once in the Fujian province holes kept appearing like this in the road. Obviously not good to ride on. It kept going for kilometers. I really hope we have seen the last of them. I don't get it though... like why??? What is the point of punching holes in the road?

No comments: