Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Police Ride





























Finally I get a chance to update the blog again. It isn't always easy here in China. Also seems like not all webpages can be viewed or something is messed up whenever I try and go online.

So the other day we stayed in a small town called Hongqiao and there was a knock on our hotel room door. To my surprise were two policemen accompanied by the receptionist. I was half naked at the time so I put on a shirt. Basically they wanted to know why we were in China and what our plans are. Seems like they are super tight on foreigners with the Olympics coming up. Then they wanted photocopies of our passports. There wasn't a photocopier around so I had to go with the cops to the police station and copy them there. Kind of neat in a police car. They drove super crazy and even put on the siren. I had really no idea what was going on.

In other news in another small town we stayed at called Fa'an someone working at the hotel thought Trevor was my father! I laughed. He said though I looked younger. I guess Trevor does look a lot older with all that facial hair.

We are nearing Shanghai and Trevor is getting flats galore. He is definitely in need of a new tire. He had around ten flats I think in the past two days. Something isn't right there. We are also running out of patches.

Pic 1: I had a little accident. It was food... err yeah... I assure you I have been potty trained a good 10 years now... Usually it is Trevor who makes a mess but when I make a mess I really make a mess.
Pic 2: China has some really nice scenery. Lots of mountains. To see the nice scenic spots though we have to work for it by going up a lot of hills and climbing mountains.
Pic 3: Me thinking about something while looking at some nice scenery.
Pic 4: We get audiences everywhere we go. Exciting stuff watching me decide whether I want an apple Nutri-Express or a grape juice. People just come up and stare. Just today Trevor was patching up his tube and had an onlooker right in his face. I really don't get it.
Pic 5: Let the rain come down. We have been getting a lot of rain lately.
Pic 6: Meeting a cyclist going to Beijing. We have seen actually quite a few cyclists in China. This guy was very nice. He said he saw us a few days back in Yueqing. We chatted a bit while Trevor was patching up one of his many flats of the day.
Pic 7: Cycling in the rain with some nice background. I enjoyed today's riding even though it rained constantly.

3 comments:

mahlerzhou said...

Yes Trevor looks much younger than you,at first, I tink he is about 40 years old......
A lot of webpages can not be access even include wikipedia.Our goverment is afraid some different political issue.You can use some proxy website,I think this is good http://www.turbohide.com/

mahlerzhou said...

much older..sorry

Kevin Hansen said...

haha... and he is only 2 years older... hilarious! thanks for the info though regarding the website!