Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Still No Day Off...






So I am starting to think biking in Thailand is worse than Malaysia. It is cooler though but the stupid wind is pissing me off. That and the rain is coming out as well. I think the rain gods remember me from last year in Singapore when I mouthed off at them for drenching me in rain. Well it seems they have now teamed up with the wind which annoys me even more. You have to push that much harder and get half the results. It sucks, plain and simple.

Trevor sometimes pisses me off as well. I think we've been going too hard everyday but he would be absolutely content doing seriously at least 170 km a day if he had his way going at constant speeds of 33 km plus per hour! No thanks. But still we have had some killer days. Anyways, I got pissed and said this sucks, we have to slow it down. I don't get it... he is fine on his bike all the time whereas my behind and everything else downstairs is very uncomfortable. I also think he operates better in the heat. The heat and I do not get along. He is having back tire problems though. So I have to laugh at that!

Another bummer is yesterday was supposed to be our first day off. We had a day of diving set up ready to go but the stupid weather had to rain (those rain gods again). So the visibility of course would be crap. That was cancelled and then we decided to just venture on. But our day started around noon so we ended up biking until around 8 pm! That I also didn't like at all because biking in the dark evening is scary... and stupid. So that is never happening again.

Also our bikes are dying. I think a tune-up is needed. We will definitely get one in Bangkok. Really annoying if it isn't me dying it is my bike. I am fine now as my rashes are gone (pretty sure they were heat rashes) and all my other problems seemed to have disappeared. But now my bike is making noises I don't want to hear. So a tune-up is going down in Bangkok and a day off for sure.

Right now we are in Hua Hin. If all goes well we should be in Bangkok in two days! Yeah!!! Very pleased. Still concerned over the Chinese visas and if we can get them there. I really hope so. But then that means a few days in Bangkok. I don't really want to stay there a few days. I have seen everything already. The thought of going down to Pattaya has crossed our minds but getting there could pose a problem. We'll see though.

The pictures are as follows:
First one is showing me dirrrrrty. Yes we do get dirrrty. I still wash my clothes though for many reasons and because I know there are people out there (a certain Lovyshia for example... hehe) who would question that!
Second one is me pretending to know what I am doing fixing my bike.
Third one is me on the beach at Thung Wua Laen. That is where we were supposed to go diving. Argh!!! The beach was so remote and no one there. But both Trevor and I aren't the types to lazy around on a secluded beach. I need to be doing stuff.
The fourth one is of me again (surprise surprise) in super relief as we found some bungalow off the side of the highway at night. It was dark and we had no clue where to stay. Luckily some local helped us out. Phew!
And finally the last one was of this crappy waterfall. Actually there is a grandeur one up ahead but after biking 5 km to get there we decided not to go in because it would cost 220 baht between the two of us. That is way too much to view a waterfall. So then we had to bike another 5 km to get back to the main road. I blame Trevor for wanting to go see it. Personally I have seen many waterfalls in Thailand and yes they are nice but I would have passed this time around.


















No comments: