Sunday, June 29, 2008

Stupid Back Tire...


Glad today is over. Cycled 193 km but the major piss off was my back tire going flat. Didn't notice that my tire deflated due to this tiny little staple in my tire. So I ended up ruining 2 tubes and breaking the air pump we just picked up in Bangkok... what can I say... I do what I can. The valve is now jammed in the air pump. To top it off I also was stupid in buying the wrong tubes! Trevor was not amused. Well they weren't wrong tubes but just more difficult to pump up. I got these Presta valve ones whereas I should have got the Schrader valve ones... hmmmmm... I went with Presta because I recall them being slightly cheaper. You live and you learn...

Anyways due to all this wasted time fixing up my back tire we got into Kabin Buri just before the sun set. Phew. Found a nice place to stay as well... double phew!

Having the bikes tuned up really made a difference. When we weren't fixing my back tire we were cruising at constant speeds of 33 km plus per hour! Trevor was pleased I think... but probably wants to go faster still.

The picture is just me happy after I found that stupid staple in my tire that caused a lot of grief!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope i don`t have to do the stupid sign up thingie..just wanted to show you that yes we do read your blog and keep blogging...so funnyyy when you get pissed off with Trevor..hahaha
Does he know you have this blog going on?? Where are you right now?

Kevin Hansen said...

thx for taking the time to comment Lovy! appreciated that u do read... that means it just isn't our mom... hehe.

Trevor has no blog... he isn't a bloggy type of guy. so basically i can diss him all i want, make myself look better and he can't do much about it... hehe...