Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hmmm...









I am currently in a state of what to do, what to do??? As is Trevor. Basically we are now having to plan what we are going to do after this little bike excursion. Our original plan was to go to Russia... but after visiting the consulate in Osaka that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. Canada made some agreement that it requires a minimum 15 working days to process a visa. I hate visas... annoys me that it is difficult for me to go to certain parts in this world... call me queer but I often dream of a world, less borders... kind of like John Lennon sang about in his hit song 'Imagine'... something about imagining a world with no countries... and the world living as one in peace... Yes that was a good song... I remember singing that song in grade 7 for our graduation...
And getting a visa to Russia isn't oh so easy... so much hassle... need an invitation, hotel bookings, etc... costs a lot too... this sucks... I hate how some countries want your whole itinerary planned out with hotel bookings, tours, etc. before going thus making difficult for independent travellers like me. I was keen on doing the Siberian express and then climbing Elbrus... that isn't happening now... but then again not sure even if I got in Elbrus would be in the works due to the Russia/Georgia conflict that just escalated... I will however get there one day... just not this year... argh.

I am pissed and perturbed... I also planned after to go back to Europa and visit friends and stuff... but actually that still may be on... we shall see...

We biked out of our way from our planned route as well to get to Nagoya to see a travel agent I found online that deals with Russian travel. So I guess now all for not...

Anyways, from here we plan to head north and then enter the Alps... then head down to Tokyo. It probably is going to be killer. Not looking forward to climbing those mountains... but the views I am sure will be astounding! A few days ago we cycled on Shodo island which is between Shikoku and Honshu and climbed the steepest hills we have done thus far on this trip. It was tough. As such I wonder what lies ahead within those Alps...

Pic 1: Still loving the scenery here in Japan... this is on Shodo Island...
Pic 2: Saw a few monkey's while cycling on Shodo... I kept my distance though as I have had a track record of monkey's biting me and not being friendly to me... not sure why that is...
Pic 3: Me ringing out my sweat filled shirt... covered in sweat twas I... this hill never ended and the incline was super steep.
Pic 4: At the top of Shodo Island... yeah!!! The ride down was uberly fun.
Pic 5: At Himeji Castle... I went inside earlier this year and it is one pretty cool castle... one of the best I think in Japan.
Pic 6: Checking out the largest lake in Japan... Lake Biwa.
Pic 7: Outside the travel agent in Nagoya after confirming that Russia is going to be a no go... oh cheh...









No comments: