Sunday, August 17, 2008

Island Hopping









Wow. A super day. The morning was absolutely AWESOME. You may notice I have capitalized the word 'awesome' to emphasize it just wasn't awesome... but it was AWESOME. It was very cool crossing all 7 bridges and cycling through the Geiyo Islands to get to Shikoku. Leaving the busier, quicker roads and taking these longer more scenic routes is the way to do it here in Japan. We ended up cycling into the night again and set a new record day of 238 km! Pretty much cycled the entire northern coast of Shikoku today!

Pic 1: Having some soba for breakfast while taking in the view of the second bridge.
Pic 2: Me embracing the scenery. I tell Trevor to embrace the scenery a lot. He never does though. I am using that word 'embrace' a lot now ever since I heard some guy say it in Udaipur, India. It was hilarious how he said it though... so passionately and so into it. So now I am using it... hmmmm... I am sure that little piece of information there was of much interest and very useful to you all...
Pic 3: Cruising uphill to the final bridge into Shikoku...
Pic 4: Chilling on the bridge taking it all in... they make good bridges here in Japan. I think tomorrow we are going to see some more huge ones... can't wait!
Pic 5: That is a smile on my face... it was pretty much like that while island hopping this morning... good times!
Pic 6: This one is somewhere in Shikoku... twas nice gunning it down this hill and looking at the coast.
Pic 7: I enjoy going to high places and taking in views from higher up. So this was sweet as...

No comments: