Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away...







Brrrrrrrrr... was it ever cold today. The first time on this trip I think I have experienced this cold feeling... I didn't like it. I really hate the heat but when it gets cold that is way worse. We cycled through the Alps and as one would guess it was quite tiring. The stupid weather had to be foggy and rainy. As such we couldn't really see much in the distance. It still was pretty nice though.



The forecast in the next few days is more rain... aiyah... but I think we have only a few days until we reach Tokyo so not all that bad. But if it doesn't clear up soon we may not be able to climb the Fuj after... not liking that... sucks already that I am not going to climb Elbrus this year so if I can't climb Mt. Fuji that will double suck.



Anyways, nearing the end!!!



Pic 1: The fog rolling in... we originally planned to cycle up to the highest road crossing in Japan at around 2700 m (according to what Trevor tells me... so I hope that is right because sometimes he gets his facts mixed up I think... and he wasn't all there today...). At this point though we were stopped and told we couldn't go higher. Oh cheh. But it would have been extremely cold coming down. We froze cycling down hills today... usually gunning down hills are good times but today that wasn't the case...

Pic 2: Freezing in the Japanese Alps. But I guess partially my fault because I will admit I am never good at dressing for occasions or being prepared with the proper attire. I am an idiot who still doesn't understand the higher one goes the more colder it gets. I should know this as I have been up much higher but I still never clue in.

Pic 3: Finally putting on the bat cape... took me awhile to figure out how to put it on properly but I got there in the end. I have carried my poncho around for the entire trip but never wore the thing. I put it on today though not because it rained but to trap my body heat. It worked okay but better yet I really looked like the cape crusader... well according to Trevor. He kept laughing at me while I flew down the hills on my batbike with my cape waving in the air... just like the old Batman...

Pic 4: Got a bit giddy around Kamikochi, a spectacular spot in the Alps surrounded by excellent mountain scenery... would have been nice though to see more mountain and less cloud. But yeah the river flowing next to me was pretty sweet.

Pic 5: Cycled past a lot of dams... this one way in the distance kind of reminded me of Verzasca Dam in Switzerland (represent). I would like to bungee jump that one day as would Trevor. Then I can be like Bond, James Bond.

1 comment:

mahlerzhou said...

You stay in Japan for such a long time...by the way ,today a big snowslide happend in Alps.You must be very careful when you come to next time.