Monday, August 11, 2008

Midnight Madness Korean Style!










It has been easy going in South Korea and I am liking it. We ended up getting into Incheon much later than expected as the ferry was six hours late! Aiyah. Did some midnight cruising which was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it. It was about 40 km from Incheon Port to downtown Seoul. We took our time though as we planned not to sleep anywhere and just wait it out until next morning. Stopped off at many convenience stores along the way and also a Lotte Mart! I spent a good 30 minutes strolling the aisles there around 1 am in the morning... good times.

The only beef I have is that the cost has gone up... big time. Yeogwan's aren't all that cheap and food isn't either. Good thing though with accommodation is that they are very easy to spot unlike China where I have a few times accidently strolled into massage joints (some of which were the dirty dirty type) thinking they were binguans. Anyways, here in South Korea there is this sauna like symbol you just have to look out for. Makes my job a whole lot easier.
We ended up not staying in Seoul as originally planned and thus no Batman movie for me and no DMZ for Trevor. It was Trevor's call as I didn't really mind leaving straight after we got our bikes tuned up. It did kind of suck not being on our bikes for a few days so it was nice to get going again.

We are currently in a town called Yeongcheon. Tomorrow we should be in Busan and hopefully will catch the last ferry out to Japan!!!

Pic 1: Spent around 30 hours on the ferry... I was quite bored. We were roomed with two Chinese guys who snored horrendously loud. Trevor couldn't take it and was very pissed off so he ended up sleeping outside. Luckily I can tolerate such loud noises while sleeping...
Pic 2: At the Lotte Mart around 1 am in the morning... it was very nice downing that liter of milk and snacking on some banana chips... yummy.
Pic 3: We ended up chilling outside the City Hall on this big grassy area. I did the all nighter while Trevor caught an hour of sleep. Someone had to stay awake... Also neat to see that there are many people who sleep there. I would have thought security would have kicked people off the grass.
Pic 4: At Gyeongbokgung Palace early morning...
Pic 5: Many tunnels in South Korea... we don't like to cycle through tunnels though... kind of scary at times when you have vehicles fly by you in there.
Pic 6: I was down for the count today. Out of the blue I had severe stomach pains. I get these every now and then and I am still unsure why and what the cause is... possibly drank to much fluid I don't know. Anyways, it passed shortly after I lay down. Instead of getting me some water Trevor was kind enough to take photos of me in agonizing pain... what a guy.
Pic 7: Seriously some superb cycling here in South Korea. I especially enjoyed today's ride. Nice countryside and excellent roads.





1 comment:

mahlerzhou said...

The countryside in south korea is much like in china